Is That Tommy Shaw's Water Bottle...

...in your pocket, or are you just excited to see STYX?

Yes!!! Both!!!

My buddy, TJ, and I just got back from watching STYX rock the Las Vegas House of Blues for 90 minutes. What an awesome show. There was hardly an essential STYX tune that the didn't play.











They started with Grand Illusion, Lady, I Am The Walrus from their most recent album of classic rock covers, a medley of 18 STYX songs that included Put Me On, Light Up, Shooz, Crystal Ball, Mr. Roboto, Heavy Metal Poisoning and Man In The Wilderness. Among the highlights were Miss America, Come Sail Away and the final encore, Renegade. The only songs I would have liked to have heard were Lorelei and Suite Madame Blue.

One of the best parts of this show was when Tommy began to talk about the beginnings of STYX when twin brothers John and Chuck Panozzo began to play in their basement in Chicago. Then Chuck walked out on stage and played with them for most of the rest of the show. It was awesome!









The band was friendly and obviously having a great time. They spent time joking with the audience, shaking hands and tossing STYX stuff into the crowd. JY and Tommy were throwing guitar picks like crazy! I got 3 and gave one to TJ. He caught Tommy's water bottle that says "Tommy" on the side and "TS" on the lid.

Well, I got my STYX fix, at least until they come to Shreveport later this month. Now I'm going to bed and have sweet dreams about the 80's!